Intro to SQL
Use SQL to create, access, and update tables of data in a relational database.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
About this course
Ready to start your journey into SQL? In this course, you will learn how to create, access, and update tables of data in a relational database.
Skills you'll gain
Access data stored in a database
Create and update database tables
Apply constraints to maintain data integrity
Intro to SQL course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Intro to SQL today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Analyze Data with SQLLearn to analyze data with SQL and prepare for technical interviews.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Learn to Prevent SQL Injections with Node.jsLearn how to identify and defend against SQL Injections in Node.js applications.With Certificate< 1 hour
- Skill path
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- SQL1,611,868 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.