Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design play key roles in the experience users have when interacting with digital products and applications. In this course, we’ll cover the theory and methodologies behind UI and UX design. You’ll also design your own wireframes and interactive prototypes. Learning UI and UX basics can help you collaborate better on team projects and create new career opportunities.
Skills you'll gain
Learn UI/UX theory and practice
Understand common methodologies
Practice new skills with Figma
Syllabus3 lessons • 2 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Introduction to UI and UX Design course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Useful entry-level course to UX. I liked the mix of definitions/theory at the start and real-world practice later on, as well as the handy links to additional resources.Anna B.Verified Learner
- I loved being able to make a project in Figma. Being able to learn real-life tools like figma would help advancement for those who want to learn hands-on.Jasmine C.Verified Learner
- This was one of the most valuable introduction courses I've ever done. The material is concise and straight to the point, the practical elements were great in getting you comfortable with understanding and applying what you have learned. I highly recommend this for anyone who's not sure what UX/UI is about but interested in learning and pivoting into this field of work!Nthabeleng N.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about UI and UX Design
User interface (UI) design involves figuring out the best way for people to engage and interact with tech and designing the controls we use to operate programs and software.
Join over 50 million learners and start Introduction to UI and UX Design today!
Looking for something else?
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Consider Design While You Build5 Steps to leverage design practices and tools while you build websites
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.2 hours
Software Design PrinciplesStart designing more complex systems with techniques such as design patterns, SOLID principles, and UML.With Certificate1 hour
- Free course
Choosing a Career in TechAre you feeling confused about where to aim for with your career goals? Take this course to learn about different career options!< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Design3,704,789 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,921,246 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.