Time to completeApprox. 6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Cybersecurity involves everyone and every entity — from you and your neighbors to organizations and companies to governments. It’s considered a fundamental necessity, and in this introduction to cybersecurity course, you’ll learn how to protect yourself and others from online attacks. This is a great starting point for anyone interested in learning cybersecurity but not sure where to start.
Syllabus2 lessons • 1 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Introduction to Cybersecurity course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Personally, cyber security is an interesting course. Codecademy made it more interesting with how various concepts are detailed and explained. Thank you for kick starting my passion in Cyber Security. #Safe Digital EnvironmentVincent O.Verified Learner
- I appreciate the amount of references, links and simplicity of explanation which makes this course not just easy to understand but also engaging as well. Excellent course!K. H.Verified Learner
- This course is very informative to people who want to dip their toes or brush up on the building blocks of cyber security. Thoroughly easy to understand, full of resources to dive deeper and see how it works in today's world.Karl F.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
The Cybersecurity CommunityIn this article, we will explore communities and organizations within the cybersecurity field.
The Cybersecurity IndustryIn this article, we will break down common domains in cybersecurity.
Conducting Trustworthy Research with ChatGPTUse ChatGPT to help conduct trustworthy research
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Fundamentals of CybersecurityLearn the Cybersecurity fundamentals that will lay a foundation for securing your technology and personal life from dangerous cyber threats.Includes 5 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly3 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Personal Digital SecurityHackers and cyber threats are a fact of today's modern, digital world. Everyone needs to be able to protect themselves from these threats.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Skill path
Cybersecurity Analyst Interview PrepMaster interview strategies for an entry-level Cybersecurity Analyst interview with this Skill Path.Includes 8 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate4 hours
Browse more topics
- Cybersecurity143,310 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- IT3,693,958 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.