Time to completeApprox. 6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Hacking is a neat skill to have. However, such a skill requires great responsibility. Learn about the responsibility an ethical hacker have in this introductory course to Ethical Hacking. In this course, you will get a peek into what it means to be an Ethical Hacker, practice hacking ethically, and learn the tools and techniques to be an efficient hacker.
Syllabus5 lessons • 1 projects • 4 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Introduction To Ethical Hacking course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Ethical Hacking
Ethical hacking (AKA penetration testing) involves trying to break into an organization’s networks and systems to evaluate its cyber defenses. Unlike the malicious hacking you hear about in the news, ethical hacking is entirely legal and plays a big role in cybersecurity.
Looking for something else?
Red Team ToolsLet's explore offensive tools used by red teams.
Data and Personal Privacy & the Ethical and Social Implications of Computing SystemsLearn about how programs have both a positive and negative impact on personal privacy as well as social and ethical implications.
The Evolution of CybersecurityIn this article, you'll explore the evolution of hacking and cybersecurity.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Introduction to CybersecurityLearn about the fast-growing field of cybersecurity and how to protect your data and information from digital attacks.Beginner Friendly3 hours
- Skill path
Fundamentals of CybersecurityLearn the Cybersecurity fundamentals that will lay a foundation for securing your technology and personal life from dangerous cyber threats.Includes 5 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly3 hours
- Free course
Introduction to ITTake your first steps into the world of IT, or Information Technology! Introduction to IT will teach you about core IT subjects.Beginner Friendly3 hours
Browse more topics
- Cybersecurity143,650 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,358 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,948 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,398 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,632,034 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,737 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,707 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,558 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.