Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
Learn how to run t-tests and binomial tests in this introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Get started with hypothesis testing by examining a one-sample t-test and binomial tests — both used for drawing inference about a population based on a smaller sample from that population.
Skills you'll gain
Set up a hypothesis test
Explain what statistical significance means in the context of hypothesis tests
Conduct t-tests and binomial tests
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Introduction to Hypothesis Testing today!
Looking for something else?
Software Testing MethodologiesLearn about software testing methodologies and some specific strategies that use a test-first approach to software development.
Pen TestingIn this article, you’ll learn about penetration testing: What it is, how it works, and why organizations hire people to break into their own networks.
Introduction to Testing with Mocha and ChaiThis article provides a high-level overview of unit testing, why tests are important, and what the Mocha and Chai frameworks provide.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: AssociationsLearn how to use hypothesis testing to evaluate the associations between different variables.1 hour
- Skill path
Master Statistics with PythonLearn the statistics behind data science, from summary statistics to regression models.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate26 hours
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: Experimental DesignLearn how to set up experiments to both address research questions and weigh the trade off between resources and errors.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Data Science5,780,681 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,893,495 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,208,440 learners enrolled
- For Business9,745,904 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,433,466 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,870,187 learners enrolled
- Python4,527,212 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,093,219 learners enrolled
- IT3,850,826 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.