Introduction to IT
Take your first steps into the world of IT, or Information Technology! Introduction to IT will teach you about core IT subjects.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Information Technology, commonly referred to as IT, refers to the use of technology to organize, store, share, and process information. The IT industry is growing quickly as companies become more technology-based and the need to manage information becomes increasingly vital. Introduction to IT is geared towards complete beginners looking to take their first steps into the world of Information Technology.
Syllabus6 lessons • 1 projects • 7 quizzes
Introduction to IT course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about IT
Information technology (IT) is a broad field that encompasses all of the technologies used to communicate and store and process information. It’s all around us — from laptops and smartphones to servers and self-driving cars.
Join over 50 million learners and start Introduction to IT today!
Looking for something else?
The Evolution of CybersecurityIn this article, you'll explore the evolution of hacking and cybersecurity.
Basics of Software InstallationLearn about how to safely install software on your computer.
The Cybersecurity IndustryIn this article, we will break down common domains in cybersecurity.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Introduction to CybersecurityLearn about the fast-growing field of cybersecurity and how to protect your data and information from digital attacks.3 hours
- Free course
Fundamentals of Operating SystemsLearn about operating systems by taking a deep dive into each of its main functionalities.2 hours
- Skill path
Fundamentals of CybersecurityLearn the Cybersecurity fundamentals that will lay a foundation for securing your technology and personal life from dangerous cyber threats.Includes 5 CoursesWith Certificate3 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- IT3,872,991 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.