Introduction to Linux: Bash Scripting
Learn about Bash scripting, a powerful way to combine Bash commands, and write Bash scripts to navigate through your operating system.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Introduction to Linux: Bash Scripting:
- Introduction to Linux: Installation
About this course
Continue your Linux learning journey with Introduction to Linux: Bash Scripting. Dive into the Linux shell, aka Bash and learn how to use text commands to navigate through a file system and view and change files. Use Bash commands and write Bash scripts that allow you to automate tasks and power up what you can do in Linux.
Syllabus3 lessons • 1 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Introduction to Linux: Bash Scripting course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Introduction to Linux: Bash Scripting today!
Looking for something else?
Command Line Interface SetupNavigate your operating system like a professional programmer
Setting Up Command LineNavigate your operating system like a professional programmer
Programming Locally on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to set up the Linux environment on your Chromebook so you can program and do Codecademy off-platform projects on your Chromebook.
Related courses and paths
Introduction to LinuxIn this introductory course, we'll be getting familiar with Linux and how to navigate within a Linux environment!With Certificate4 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Linux: InstallationDive into Linux, a useful and lightweight operating system with a large impact on open-source technology.1 hour
Learn to Prevent Cross-Site Scripting with Node.jsLearn how to identify and prevent different types of Cross-Site Scripting attacks in Node.js apps.With Certificate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Open Source296,874 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- IT3,860,812 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.