Java for Programmers
Take this course meant for experienced programmers and learn Java, one of the world’s most popular languages.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
This course is dedicated to programmers who are already familiar with the world of programming and are looking to get acquainted with the Java programming language. It’s designed to be a series of short, interactive articles that you can skim, dive into, or even skip. We did this so that you can use this course to both learn Java concepts and check as a reference guide.
Projects in this course
Java for Programmers course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Java for Programmers today!
Looking for something else?
Java and the Command LineA brief overview of running Java through the command line.
Java Program StructureJava programs have a specific structure. Let's take a closer look at the Hello World program — line by line!
Java Style GuideLet's look at a few Java standards before we jump into the syntax.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Study for the AP Computer Science A Exam (Java)Master the core concepts covered in AP Computer Science A Exam and gain a solid understanding of programming and fluency in Java.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate19 hours
- In progress...
Learn JavaLearn to code in Java — a robust programming language used to create software, web and mobile apps, and more.16 hours
- Free course
Intro to JavaGet started with Java by learning about the basics of a Java program and variables!6 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Java1,714,995 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,899,068 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.