Time to completeApprox. 8 hours
Certificate of completionYes
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Java: Loops and Arrays:
- Java: Conditionals and Control Flow
- Java: Going Further with Classes and Methods
About this course
In this course, you’ll learn about two core programming topics: Arrays and loops!
You’ll learn how to store multiple pieces of data in a single variable using Arrays and ArrayLists. Then, you’ll discover how to easily create repeating code using loops. Finally, challenge yourself by going through several code challenges that put your programming skills to the test!
Syllabus4 lessons • 4 projects • 4 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Desert Island PlaylistUse Java's `ArrayList` methods to build and tweak your desert island music playlist.
Fizz BuzzWrite a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”.
The Prime DirectiveYour prime directive: Use Java loops to find every prime number in an array.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.Chris Codecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.Rodrigo Codecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-Andrew Codecademy Learner @ USA