Time to completeApprox. 5 hours
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Language Models in Python: Basic Chatbots:
- Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming
- Language Models in Python: Generative Text
About this course
Want to build your own AI chatbot? In this course, you will learn how to build basic chatbots that respond to users by classifying user intent and following rules to retrieve specific information. This course lays the foundation for building more advanced AI chatbots using deep learning.
Skills you'll gain
Build rules and retrieval chatbots
Classify user intent
Perform entity recognition
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Discover Insights into Classic TextsPerform a natural language parsing analysis with regular expressions to gain insights into Oscar Wilde's _The Picture of Dorian Gray_ or Homer's _The Iliad!_
AlienbotCreate a Python chatbot from another planet!
Cyborg CantinaIn this project you will build a retrieval-based chatbot system specialized for a restaurant serving Mexican cuisine!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.