Apply regular expressions (regex) and other natural language parsing tactics to find meaning and insights in the texts you read every day.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Language Parsing:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
Have you ever wondered how computers break down language? This course introduces text parsing techniques using regular expressions (regex) and Part-of-Speech (POS) Tagging with NLTK.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Language Parsing today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Intermediate Java: Regular ExpressionsLearn about regex, or regular expressions, and how to work with them in Java.1 hour
Language Models in Python: Basic ChatbotsBuild rules- and retrieval-based chatbots in Python.5 hours
Text PreprocessingLearn to clean text with Python 3 using regular expressions (regex) and NLTK.With Certificate2 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,913,069 learners enrolled
- IT3,870,052 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.