Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Advanced Data Structures with Python: Trees:
- Learn Advanced Algorithms with Python: String Searching Algorithms
About this course
Continue your Python 3 learning journey with Learn Advanced Data Structures with Python: Trees. Learn how to use prefix trees, or tries for short, tree-like data structures in which each node contains links to nodes representing characters. Then learn how to use binary index trees to compute an accumulation in O(logn) time.
Learn about tries and binary indexed trees for efficient search implementations!
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Advanced Data Structures with Python: Trees today!Start
Looking for something else?
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Decision Trees for Classification and RegressionLearn about decision trees, how they work and how they can be used for classification and regression tasks.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Introduction to Non-linear Data Structures in SwiftLearn about more complex data structures and implement them in the Swift programming language.Advanced3 hours
Learn Complex Data StructuresDiscover and design new data structures that follow abstract rule-based systems by building out graphs, hash-maps, and heaps.With CertificateIntermediate7 hours
- Skill path
Pass the Technical Interview with PythonLearn about the computer science concepts of data structures and algorithms and build implementations of each from scratch in modern Python.Includes 8 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate25 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,728,722 learners enrolled
- IT3,693,958 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.