Learn Advanced Python 3
Why Learn Advanced Python?
Are you a lover of Python looking to advance your skills in the language? This course may be right up your alley! In this course, we will dive into some advanced python skills that will allow you to take your programming skills to the next level. We’ll learn new paradigms that will give you the flexibility to create clean, effective code and make you a truly advanced Python programmer.
By taking this course, you will expand your core Python skillset. Here is what you’ll be learning:
- How to use logs in Python to help debug and track your software.
- How to use functional programming, a coding paradigm that is sometimes used by software engineers in favor of object-oriented programming, to create clean, efficient programs.
- How to use concurrent programming to implement code more efficiently using the threading, multiprocessing, and asyncio modules.
- How to do database operations in Python using sqlite3.
- How to deploy a simple Python script using Flask.
Codecademy courses have been taken by employees at
You are developing a mobile ATM application that will handle bank transactions such as deposits and withdrawals. With the original design of this application, you used print statements to print helpful information to the console, such as amounts entered for each transaction, transaction status, and date and timestamps to see when each transaction occurred.
Create your own Higher Order Functions
Practice creating custom higher-order functions.
Analyzing Hotel Databases with Python
Using SQLite, we've learned how to access SQL database files from a Python environment. With these skills on your resume, a hotel corporation has hired you to analyze their SQLite database to better understand why some customers cancel their booking compared to customers who do not cancel.
— Madelyn, Pinterest
I know from first-hand experience that you can go in knowing zero, nothing, and just get a grasp on everything as you go and start building right away.
Learn advanced topics in Python 3 and improve your developer skills!
Earn a certificate of completion
9 hours to complete in total
1 article, 1 lesson, 1 project, 1 quiz
1 lesson, 1 project, 1 quiz
1 article, 2 lessons, 2 quizzes, 1 project