Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Advanced Python 3: Database Operations:
- Learn Advanced Python 3: Functional Programming
About this course
Continue your Python 3 learning journey with Learn Advanced Python 3: Database Operations. Explore the
sqlite3 module, which allows us to create, read, update, and delete the data in our SQLite relational databases within our Python environment.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Analyzing Hotel Databases with PythonUsing SQLite, we've learned how to access SQL database files from a Python environment. With these skills on your resume, a hotel corporation has hired you to analyze their SQLite database to better understand why some customers cancel their booking compared to customers who do not cancel.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
What is SQLite?Learn about the SQLite database engine and how to install it on your computer.
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Programming in Python on a ChromebookThis article will teach you how to run Python code on Chromebooks so you can do off-platform Python projects on your Chromebook.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Python for ProgrammersAn introduction to the basic syntax and fundamentals of Python for experienced programmers.Intermediate3 hours
Learn Python 3Learn the basics of Python 3, one of the most powerful, versatile, and in-demand programming languages today.With CertificateBeginner Friendly25 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,368,657 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,145,442 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,504,472 learners enrolled
- For Business9,518,168 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,629,762 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,574,259 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,950,424 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,731,593 learners enrolled
- IT3,696,760 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.