Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
With a comprehensive understanding of the process for developing a custom Alexa skill, you’ll be prepared to publish your own program and work with other Voice User Interface (VUI) applications.
Syllabus7 lessons • 4 projects • 4 quizzes
Projects in this course
Create a New IntentIn this project, we're going to practice with the skill kit in Alexa Skill so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Intents are the questions you want to ask Alexa. Let's edit some previous work to solidify your skills.
My Favorite Language: HandlerIn this project, we're going to practice using Lambda in Alexa Skills so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Lambda is a new and powerful service on AWS that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. Harness the power of Lambda to power your Alexa Skills.
Most Popular SportIn this project, we're going to practice slots in Alexa Skills so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Slots allow us to build more sophisticated Alexa Skills.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn to Program Alexa today!
Looking for something else?
Lambda FunctionsLearn how to define a Python function in one line!
Install Flutter SDK on WindowsThis article will present instructions for installing the Flutter SDK on the Windows operating system.
Installing the Flutter SDK on MacOSThis article will walk through installing the Flutter SDK for Mac.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Flask: FundamentalsBuild your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.2 hours
- Free course
C++ for ProgrammersTake this course meant for experienced programmers and learn about C++, one of the world's most popular languages.3 hours
How to Deploy a WebsiteLearn how to publish a website to the Internet with Jekyll, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and GitHub Pages.With Certificate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Machine Learning1,020,806 learners enrolled
- AI2,715,670 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.