Time to completeApprox. 4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn C: Functions and Structures:
- Learn C: Pointers and Memory
About this course
Continue your C learning journey! Dive into functions, which are groups of instructions that are given a name to be used elsewhere in the code, often repeatedly. Then learn about structures, which allow you to collect multiple data types into one single data type.
Syllabus2 lessons • 2 projects • 2 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Learn C: Functions and Structures course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn C++: FunctionsTake your C++ skills to the next level by learning how to use using C++ functions to write more flexible, modular, reusable code.Beginner Friendly3 hours
- Free course
Learn Swift: FunctionsContinue your Swift journey by learning functions — reusable and callable code blocks!Beginner Friendly2 hours
- Free course
Learn TypeScript: FunctionsWrite functions in TypeScript to declare expected types of function parameters and return values.Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,145,442 learners enrolled
- C138,365 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,504,472 learners enrolled
- For Business9,518,168 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,629,762 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,574,259 learners enrolled
- Python4,368,657 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,950,424 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,731,593 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.