Time to completeApprox. 1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into the C programming language? C has been around for quite some time, and it is one of the foundational languages of computer science. C is everywhere; learning it will help you become a better programmer ready for the next challenge in any field of computer science!
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Learn C: Introduction course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Hello WorldA C++ program has a very specific structure in terms of how the code is written. Let's take a closer look at the Hello World program — line by line!
Compile & ExecuteRun your Hello World C++ program locally using the Terminal, Command Prompt, or Visual Studio Code.
Setting Up Go LocallyRead this article to set up the Go programming language on your computer and start making your own programs locally!
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Swift: IntroductionLearn the basics of Swift syntax and variables and build simple programs in this introduction to the Swift programming language.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Free course
Learn Emojicode🍇 Learn about Emojicode, a programming language that consists of emojis! 🍉Beginner Friendly2 hours
- Free course
Learn C#: IntroductionDive into C#, a scalable programming language that is easy to read and maintain.Beginner Friendly5 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,148,317 learners enrolled
- C138,485 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,318 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,871 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,800 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,571 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,590 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,482 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.