Learn C++: Introduction
Dive into C++, a flexible and well-supported language that’s still widely used now, over 40 years after its conception.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into the C++ programming language? Take Learn C++: Introduction — start with a basic Hello World program, then learn about the various data types and how to control the flow of your program using logic and conditionals.
Skills you'll gain
Create C++ programs
Declare and edit variables
Use conditionals in your code
Syllabus5 lessons • 7 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Quadratic FormulaWrite a C++ program that solves the quadratic equation.
Piggy BankYou just returned from a trip to South America and you came back with three different kinds of currencies. Let's convert them to USD!
Learn C++: Introduction course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn C++: Introduction today!
Looking for something else?
Compile & ExecuteRun your Hello World C++ program locally using the Terminal, Command Prompt, or Visual Studio Code.
Hello WorldA C++ program has a very specific structure in terms of how the code is written. Let's take a closer look at the Hello World program — line by line!
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Swift: IntroductionLearn the basics of Swift syntax and variables and build simple programs in this introduction to the Swift programming language.1 hour
- Free course
Learn SwiftA powerful programming language developed by Apple for iOS, macOS, and more.12 hours
- Free course
Learn Emojicode🍇 Learn about Emojicode, a programming language that consists of emojis! 🍉2 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- C++1,120,496 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,921,246 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.