Time to completeApprox. 25 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
With its adaptability and fast rendering, you’ll find the C++ programming language used everywhere, from web browsers to game development and operating systems to science and machine learning tools. This course will help you learn C++ basics and give you hands-on experience to create your own projects and work with computer memory.
Skills you'll gain
Build core programming concepts
Understand pointers and memory
Build C++ projects
Syllabus13 lessons • 14 projects • 8 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Dog YearsDogs have ages that don't quite work like ours. This can be a little ruff when you want to know how old your dog would be if he/she is a human. Don't fret — build a dog-age-converting program to translate your dog's age into human years!
Quadratic FormulaWrite a C++ program that solves the quadratic equation.
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice projectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of completionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- David G7 days agoYou dont need to know anything to get started and it is easy to understand
- Mohammad Osama Khdir7 days agoThis course is amazing, it helped me to understand the fundamentals to pass exams in first-year college.
- Steven C8 days agoIt was alright considering I'm fimilar with python but If I was new to coding the course would be to little. The examples you do need to be explained more. Maybe I just haven't gotten my hands dirty using Cpp yet, who knows.
- Abdullah M8 days agoGood course
- Daniel L8 days agogood for beginers
- Daniel L8 days agoadd arrays
Frequently asked questions about C++
C++ was created as an extension of the C programming language, expanding its functionality and adding object-oriented support. Today, it’s one of the most widely used programming languages, known for its power, performance, and control over memory and hardware components.