Time to completeApprox. 25 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
With its adaptability and fast rendering, you’ll find the C++ programming language used everywhere, from web browsers to game development and operating systems to science and machine learning tools. This course will help you learn C++ basics and give you hands-on experience to create your own projects and work with computer memory.
Skills you'll gain
Build core programming concepts
Understand pointers and memory
Build C++ projects
Syllabus13 lessons • 14 projects • 8 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Block LettersDisplay your initials on the screen in block letters and create an ASCII art.
Dog YearsDogs have ages that don't quite work like ours. This can be a little ruff when you want to know how old your dog would be if he/she is a human. Don't fret — build a dog-age-converting program to translate your dog's age into human years!
Quadratic FormulaWrite a C++ program that solves the quadratic equation.
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice projectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of completionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- Baiq A4 days agothis course is very helpful and easy to understand for someone who has zero knowledge about certain programming languages. the project and quiz are also fun to do.
- Venkata Sai Deekshith Kandagadla4 days agoI am using codecademy since 1 year and I am really finding it useful for my study purpose in developing programming skills, I strongly recommend the codecademy for beginners who seek to learn computer programming language.
- Nik G4 days agoIts a great start for a beginner or an amateur who forgot about the basics
- Cub O4 days agoThis course has helped me learn the basics
- Seb5 days agocourse is good but it is hard to debug as there is no tips on the error message syntax
- Lian Zijlstra-cruz5 days agoIts was good
Frequently asked questions about C++
C++ was created as an extension of the C programming language, expanding its functionality and adding object-oriented support. Today, it’s one of the most widely used programming languages, known for its power, performance, and control over memory and hardware components.