Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn C: Pointers and Memory:
- Learn C: Arrays and Strings
About this course
Continue your C learning journey! Pointers are a key component of C programming and integral to mastering the language. You will also learn about program memory and its management, allocation, and access.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Learn C: Pointers and Memory course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Memory AllocationWhat is memory allocation? And what is manual memory management?
Binary Application AttacksLearn about attacks that target binary applications, often via memory manipulation.
The Two-Pointer Technique in a Linked ListLearn about how the most common singly linked list problems can be solved by iterating with two-pointers.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Learn CLearn about the C programming language in this beginner-friendly skill path.Includes 6 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly10 hours
- Free course
Operating Systems: Process Synchronization and Memory ManagementLearn about Operating Systems and how to synchronize processes and handle memory management.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Free course
Learn C++Learn C++ — a versatile programming language that’s important for developing software, games, databases, and more.Beginner Friendly10 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,145,442 learners enrolled
- C138,365 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,504,472 learners enrolled
- For Business9,518,168 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,629,762 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,574,259 learners enrolled
- Python4,368,657 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,950,424 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,731,593 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.