Learn Microsoft’s popular C# programming language, used to make websites, mobile apps, video games, VR, and more.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary20 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
The C# programming language offers flexible and comprehensive libraries that make it easy to work across operating systems. That’s why it’s widely used by companies like Microsoft and Stack Overflow. Whether you want to develop websites, apps, video games, or virtual reality, building your foundation is key. In this course, you’ll learn C# basics so you can become a more versatile programmer.
Skills you'll gain
Use core C# programming concepts
Write your own C# programs
Learn object-oriented programming
Syllabus20 lessons • 14 projects • 10 quizzes
Learn C# course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- This course was extremely helpful. Before I started it I didn't know anything about C# but now after finishing it I feel I have an adequate amount of information to begin completing projects and expand my knowledge.Ali T.Verified Learner
- The C# course was an excellent course to get up to speed quickly with the programming language. I loved the hands on approach, similar to immersion learning when learning a new language. I feel like my time was used wisely when I went through this course. Having the hands on experience while learning helped to solidify the concepts of C# in my mind.Regina B.Verified Learner
- Rapid introduction to C#. There's nowhere else on the internet you'll get going with the basics faster.BBVerified Learner
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about C#
C# is a general-purpose programming language created by Microsoft. It offers helpful features that make it easier to execute complex tasks, and its straightforward syntax, supportive community, and excellent documentation make it a great language for beginners.
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn C# today!
Looking for something else?
Scope in JavaThis article will break down important topics related to scope in Java including method overloading & overriding, access modifiers, instance variables and more.
Java InterfacesLearn about Java Interfaces
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn C#: IntroductionDive into C#, a scalable programming language that is easy to read and maintain.5 hours
- Skill path
Build Web Apps with ASP.NETJumpstart your career with this skill path, first by learning the C# language, then building web apps with ASP.NET Core and the Razor Pages.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate33 hours
- Free course
Learn C#: Lists and LINQLevel up your C# skills by learning how to work with data using lists and LINQ queries.2 hours
Browse more topics
- C#690,352 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,903,605 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.