Learn Color Design
Learn how to use color effectively to create attractive and useable websites!
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Color Design:
- Learn CSS
About this course
This course will teach you to use color more effectively on your websites. It’s perfect for marketers who want to learn how the effective use of color can help them create better-converting landing pages, designers who want to learn more CSS, as well as developers who want to improve the design quality of the projects and apps that they build.
Projects in this course
Journey Around the WorldIn this project, you'll use the knowledge you gained from the color theory lesson and apply colors to a website.
Pinpoint E-CommerceFor this project, you'll apply the knowledge gained from the Color For UI lesson and update an e-commerce checkout page to ensure the user is aware of different actions, errors, and other elements on the screen.
Learn Color Design course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Color Design today!
Looking for something else?
Design - ColorLearn about color considerations in your visual design.
Seaborn Styling, Part 2: ColorLearn how to work with color in Seaborn and choose appropriate color palettes for your datasets.
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn CSS: ColorsLevel up your design skills by learning different ways to set CSS colors and formats.1 hour
- Free course
Introduction to UI and UX DesignGet started with User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design and learn how to wireframe and prototype using Figma.2 hours
- Free course
Discrete Math: Counting TheoryLearn about counting theory and its relevance to computer science, and dive into the pigeonhole principle.< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,738,749 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,701,749 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.