Learn CSS: Flexbox and Grid
Create elegant and flexible web page layouts with CSS flexbox and grid.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary7 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your CSS learning journey with Learn CSS: Flexbox and Grid. Create elegant and flexible web page layouts with CSS flexbox and two-dimensional layouts using CSS grid.
Skills you'll gain
Create flexible page layouts
Set up two-dimensional layouts
Projects in this course
Off-Platform Project: Tea CozyCreate a fictional tea store on your computer using image assets and a design spec.
Flexbox: To-Do AppSet the Flexbox properties for a to-do app.
PupSpaIn this next project, we're going to practice Grid Positioning in CSS so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Using CSS grid allows you to conveniently organize data so that you can then easily manipulate across all platforms.
Learn CSS: Flexbox and Grid course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn CSS: Flexbox and Grid today!
Looking for something else?
Grids in SwiftUIIn this article, we will introduce the SwiftUI Grid structure and walk through how to leverage it to implement scrollable horizontal and vertical grid layouts.
CSS3 FeaturesOverview of CSS3 features used in the Make a Website course.
CSS GlossaryProgramming reference for CSS covering Comments, Properties, and Selectors
Related courses and paths
Learn BootstrapGive your website a clear layout and polished style—fast! Learn how to use one of the most popular front-end frameworks, Bootstrap 4!With Certificate3 hours
- Skill path
Build a Website with HTML, CSS, and GitHub PagesLearn the basics of web development to build your own website.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,899,584 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,741,673 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,704,789 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,248,491 learners enrolled
- For Business9,772,007 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,474,701 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,811,391 learners enrolled
- Python4,552,416 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,118,359 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.