In this CSS tutorial, you’ll learn how to add CSS to visually transform HTML into eye-catching sites.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary6 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn CSS:
- Learn HTML
About this course
You’ll find learning CSS essential in styling websites. Web developers use it to build on basic HTML and add personality to plain text pages. This course helps you expand your coding foundation and gives you CSS interactive practice to start adding colors and background images or editing layouts so you can create your very own, unique stylized web pages.
Skills you'll gain
Add styling to HTML elements
Connect HTML and CSS files
Create unique web page layouts
Syllabus8 lessons • 6 projects • 6 quizzes
Projects in this course
Healthy RecipesUsing CSS selectors, you’ll give a recipe website style.
Olivia Woodruff PortfolioIn this project, we're going to practice Visual Rules in CSS so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? It's important to have a good grasp on the basic styling principles of a webpage.
The Box Model: Davie's BurgersIn this project, we're going to practice box manipulation so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? You'll be able to hone the skill of accurately setting up your box model properties and sizing each element on your webpage.
Learn CSS course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- This course really benefited me in terms of strengthening my basics in CSS. Through that I am now more confident to learn and master more advanced concepts within CSS to make my website look beautiful.JS L.Verified Learner
- Extremely detailed. Leaves you feeling equipped to do and apply this knowledge on your own. External links are added in to further expound on the what you're learning. Recommend 10/10Danielle J.Verified Learner
- The CSS course covers a vast amount of information and is well-structured, making it suitable for systematizing and refreshing knowledge. It provides a great opportunity to update and enhance skills in a comprehensive manner.Sergei T.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about CSS
Cascading Style Sheets.
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn CSS today!
Looking for something else?
The Box Model in DevToolsView and edit an HTML element's box using Chrome DevTools.
CSS GlossaryProgramming reference for CSS covering Comments, Properties, and Selectors
Getting Started With Hugging FaceAn introduction to one of the most popular new ML education and model-building resources.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn CSS: IntroductionLearn how to use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to style and visually organize HTML pages.2 hours
- Skill path
Build a Website with HTML, CSS, and GitHub PagesLearn the basics of web development to build your own website.Includes 9 CoursesWith Certificate16 hours
- Free course
Learn Testing for Web Development: Model TestingLearn how to create the model layer of a web application using Mongoose and TDD.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,738,749 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,701,749 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.