Learn how to create bar charts with D3, the popular interactive data visualization library.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites3 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn D3:
- Learn HTML
- Learn CSS
About this course
Introduction to D3
Learn the basics of data visualization with d3 by binding data to a web page’s elements and customizing the elements based on that very data
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn D3 today!
Looking for something else?
How to Select a Meaningful VisualizationThis article will guide you through the process of selecting a graph for a visualization.
EDA Prior to Fitting a Classification ModelLearn about recommended EDA steps before fitting a classification model.
What is R?And what is R programming used for?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Analyze Data with RUse R to process, analyze, and visualize data.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate21 hours
Learn ggplot2Learn how to create visualizations using the popular R package ggplot2With Certificate4 hours
- Free course
Learn What to LearnIn this quick free course, you'll get the info you need to make your own decisions about what to learn.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Data Visualization455,257 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.