Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with Python
Learn what data structures and algorithms are, why they are useful, and how you can use them effectively in Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary26 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with Python:
- Learn Python 3
About this course
At the backbone of every program or piece of software are two entities: data and algorithms. Algorithms transform data into something a program can effectively use. Therefore, it is important to understand how to structure data so algorithms can maintain, utilize, and iterate through data quickly.
Syllabus37 lessons • 6 projects • 30 quizzes
Projects in this course
Towers of HanoiIn this project, you will use your knowledge of stacks to create a game that emulates the famous mathematical puzzle, Towers of Hanoi.
BlossomUse a Hash Map with a separate chain of Linked Lists to store the language of flowers. For every flower, save its meaning with Blossom!
A Sorted TaleHelp the owner of a whimsical bookshop in his quest to sort books in a variety of different manners.
Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with Python course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Data Structures and Algorithms with Python today!
Looking for something else?
Tree Traversal: Breadth-First Search vs Depth-First SearchLearn about two standard tree traversal algorithms: breadth-first search and depth-first search.
What is Python?What is Python, and what can it do?
Depth-First Search: ConceptualHigh-level, language-agnostic introduction to depth-first search with theoretical and practical discussion.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
How to Implement Search Algorithms with PythonFinding the data you are looking for in a data set is an important skill: get started with two common approaches.With Certificate2 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- IT3,844,437 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.