Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary<1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
A large part of becoming a designer is honing your creativity. Designers often have processes and practices they use to aid them in coming up with ideas and solutions. In this course, you’ll learn about methods for defining a problem to solve and ideating potential solutions to the problem.
Define and Ideate
Learn how to ideate and brainstorm possible design solutions based on user research.
Learn Design Thinking: Ideation course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Design Thinking: Ideation today!
Looking for something else?
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
Consider Design While You Build5 Steps to leverage design practices and tools while you build websites
Related courses and paths
Software Design PrinciplesStart designing more complex systems with techniques such as design patterns, SOLID principles, and UML.With Certificate1 hour
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.2 hours
Learn CSS: Responsive DesignCreate websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.With Certificate2 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,684,285 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.