Time to completeApprox. 2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this unit, we will learn about the fundamentals of differential calculus and why they are important for data science. First, we will analyze functions using the concepts of limits and derivatives. After a conceptual understanding of these concepts, we will learn how to calculate derivatives using the NumPy library and assess our skills with a quiz and project.
Learn about the fundamentals of calculus, including limits and derivatives.
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Differential Calculus course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Differential Calculus
When you’re creating models based on reality, you’ll need to understand how different things change and relate to each other. That’s where differential calculus, the mathematics of how quickly things change, comes in.
Looking for something else?
Supervised vs. UnsupervisedIntroduction to the two main classes of algorithms in Machine Learning — Supervised Learning & Unsupervised Learning.
Entity-Component-SystemWhat is the ECS architecture? And how does A-Frame use it?
Functional Programming in PythonAn intro to functional programming in Python
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Machine Learning and AI FundamentalsLearn the coding, data science, and math you need to get started as a Machine Learning or AI engineer.Includes 9 CoursesWith CertificateBeginner Friendly39 hours
- Career path
Data Scientist: Machine Learning SpecialistMachine Learning Data Scientists solve problems at scale, make predictions, find patterns, and more! They use Python, SQL, and algorithms.Includes 27 CoursesWith Professional CertificationBeginner Friendly90 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Programming with CodecademyThis course is for new programmers who aren't sure what they want to learn about. Take this course to jumpstart your learning journey!Beginner Friendly1 hour
Browse more topics
- Python4,366,001 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,570,970 learners enrolled
- Math83,245 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,500,334 learners enrolled
- For Business9,515,799 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,141,233 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,627,028 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,947,922 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,728,722 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.