Learn Flask: Fundamentals
Build your first Flask app, a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into the Flask web framework? Take Learn Flask: Fundamentals—Python is a powerful, general-purpose programming language used by novices, scientific researchers, software engineers, and data scientists. Flask is a web framework that allows you to build fully-featured web applications using Python.
Projects in this course
Learn Flask: Fundamentals course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Flask: Fundamentals today!
Looking for something else?
Deploying a Simple Python Script With FlaskLearn how to deploy a program in Python using Flask!
How to Distribute and Publish Your AppLearn how to send your App out for testing, and how to submit it for App Store review.
Understanding ApplicationsLearn about what applications are and how to manage them.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Build Python Web Apps with FlaskLearn how to code in Python, design and access databases, create interactive web applications, and share your apps with the world.Includes 8 CoursesWith Certificate30 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: DatabasesCreate persistent Flask apps by learning how to set up a database and create, read, update, and delete data in the database.3 hours
- Free course
Learn Flask: Jinja2 Templates and FormsInject Python into HTML using templates and collect user data with forms.4 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,910,097 learners enrolled
- IT3,867,128 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.