Learn Git: Branching and Collaboration
Learn how to create, merge, clone, and fetch Git branches to collaborate with other developers.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Git: Branching and Collaboration:
- Learn GitHub: Introduction
About this course
Continue your Git learning journey with Learn Git: Branching and Collaboration. Learn more about creating and managing remote branches and how you can use them to work with others.
Skills you'll gain
Create new branches
Merge branches together
Clone remote branches
Fetch from remote branches
Projects in this course
Ruby Time CalculatorIn this project, we're going to practice merge conflicts in Git so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Merge conflicts are common when you work with many people on the same code. Practicing how to deal with them now will save you time later on.
Birthday PartyIn this project, we're going to practice merging to master in Git so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Learning how to merge your branch to master will allow you safely include your code with the main codebase.
Learn Git: Branching and Collaboration course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Git: Branching and Collaboration today!
Looking for something else?
Push to GitHubGuide for managing your code with Git and sharing your code with GitHub.
Set Up with Git and GitHubNever fear losing work with this professional versioning system
Handy Git OperationsGit provides us with a vast number of different commands that are listed on the documentation which can be intimidating at first. We will break down a couple that are powerful for daily tasks.
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Software Engineering for Data ScientistsData Scientists often work with engineering teams. Learn the software engineering skills you need to bridge the gap between data science andIncludes 7 CoursesWith Certificate21 hours
Learn Git & GitHubUse our beginner friendly Git course to integrate Git and GitHub and manage versions of your projects using Git branches.With Certificate4 hours
- Career path
Machine Learning/AI EngineerMachine Learning/AI Engineers build end-to-end ML applications and power many of the apps we use every day. They work in Python, Git, & ML.Includes 7 CoursesWith Certificate45 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,428,543 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,203,630 learners enrolled
- For Business9,742,542 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,866,681 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,776,999 learners enrolled
- Python4,524,255 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,090,313 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,890,229 learners enrolled
- IT3,847,631 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.