Time to completeApprox. 3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn GitHub: Introduction:
- Learn Git: Introduction
About this course
Continue your Git learning journey with Learn GitHub: Introduction. GitHub is a popular hosting service that allows you to store your local Git repositories in the cloud. Gain access to the massive community of developers around the world who openly share their code, projects, and software development tools with each other.
Skills you'll gain
Create a GitHub account
Use markdown to format text
Commit using the command line
Syllabus1 lessons • 1 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Learn GitHub: Introduction course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Skill path
Software Engineering for Data ScientistsData Scientists often work with engineering teams. Learn the software engineering skills you need to bridge the gap between data science andIncludes 7 CoursesWith CertificateIntermediate21 hours
- Free course
Learn GitHub: Best PracticesLearn how to maintain clean code, write better pull requests, and collaborate with the GitHub community.Beginner Friendly< 1 hour
- Free course
Deploying Websites using Git and GitHubLearn how to use GitHub Pages to easily set up and publish your own websites.Beginner Friendly< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,148,361 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,337 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,917 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,631,913 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,638 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,646 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,521 learners enrolled
- IT3,698,516 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.