Learn Go: Fundamentals
Learn how to use Go (Golang), an open-source programming language supported by Google.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into the Go programming language? Take Learn Go: Fundamentals—Go (or Golang) is an open-source programming language designed to build fast, reliable, and efficient software at scale. Developers use Go in application development, web development, in operations and infrastructure teams, and much more. As Go’s popularity and adoption continue to increase, we’ll see even greater usage and more creative implementations of the language!
Skills you'll gain
Compile and run a Go program.
Read and write the basics of Go syntax.
Print and Scan data using Go’s
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Gopher ItCreate a Go program from scratch. You'll be incorporating the concepts covered in the first lesson.
Comic MischiefBecome the software administrator of the comic book store you own and operate, Comic Mischief. Use variables to store data about your shop and update those variables to maintain an internal state of what comics are being added to the store!
New Device SetupChallenge your understanding of the `fmt` package in Go programming a device setup!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Go: Fundamentals today!
Looking for something else?
Setting Up Go LocallyRead this article to set up the Go programming language on your computer and start making your own programs locally!
Windows HardeningResearch and apply hardening techniques to the Windows OS.
Swift Package ManagerLearn how to use Swift Package Manager to add dependencies to your project.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Go: FunctionsTake your Golang skills to the next level by learning how to use Go functions to create modular programs.1 hour
- Free course
Learn Go: ConditionalsLearn how to implement decision-making ability in your programs with Go conditionals.1 hour
- Free course
Learn Go: Maps and StructsCreate associations in data using maps and organize related data using structs.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Go155,070 learners enrolled
- DevOps2,955,965 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,251,925 learners enrolled
- For Business9,774,156 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,478,353 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,901,964 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,813,954 learners enrolled
- Python4,554,617 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,120,570 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.