Time to completeApprox. 9 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Fun fact: all websites use HTML — even this one. It’s a fundamental part of every web developer’s toolkit. HTML provides the content that gives web pages structure, by using elements and tags, you can add text, images, videos, forms, and more. Learning HTML basics is an important first step in your web development journey and an essential skill for front- and back-end developers.
Skills you'll gain
Structure pages with HTML
Present data with tables
Write cleaner HTML
Syllabus6 lessons • 4 projects • 5 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Fashion BlogIt's time to build fluency in HTML Fundamentals. In this next project, we're going to practice Structure in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? This project will help you to understand and master the building blocks of a webpage. It'll all build up from these foundations. What's next? A blogger, a developer, a stylish website. You got this!
Wine Festival ScheduleIt's time to build fluency in HTML Tables. In this next Pro Project, we're going to practice tabular organization in HTML so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? If you're going to have data on a webpage, you've got to master the skill of effectively and aesthetically organizing it – an HTML table is the perfect solution. What's next? Wine glasses, cheese platters, HTML tables. You got this!
Form a StoryUse your knowledge of HTML forms to collect input users and put a spin on a classic story!
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice projectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of completionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.
Ratings & reviews from learners
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- John H.7 days agoI appreciated how well-explained and detailed the information was. It not only taught me new information, but also reinforced things I already knew in a helpful way.
- Martin C7 days agoOverall its a good course. Some instructions should be a bit more clear.
- Anna L.7 days agoIt's really easy and pleasant to follow the lesson, and to put right away into practice the notions just learned. Well done!
- Kyle L7 days agoi really want to get myself into the growing tech field and this was definitely a great first step!
- Daniel Beluga7 days agoits my third time learning the courses still as impactful as the first time Thanks
- Jesús Bautista7 days agoA very complete introduction to HTML, I enjoyed every moment.
Frequently asked questions about HTML