Time to completeApprox. 5 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Interaction Design:
- Introduction to UI and UX Design
- Learn User Research: Generative
About this course
Interaction Design (IxD) and Information Architecture (IA) are essential concepts for professional UX Designers. In this example-driven course, we will first introduce Interaction Design and Information Architecture as practices, then go deep into specific site patterns, interactions, and flows. Next, you’ll put those skills into practice by critiquing and redesigning an ineffective design. Additionally, you will begin to think about products from a site-wide perspective using information architecture, make informed decisions about the navigation, and create wireframes for a whole site that demonstrates your knowledge of design patterns taught in the lesson.
Skills you'll gain
Critique and redesign ineffective design.
Create a content inventory and sitemaps.
Utilize design patterns to create familiar user experiences.
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Redesign: I Heart ArtRun an informal heuristic evaluation of a fictional website prototype. Then, propose solutions and revise one flow to improve the interactions.
Information Architecture: Food FoundationsComplete a content inventory and audit, then develop a site map diagram to depict the information architecture of their site.
User Flow: Millie's MuffinsIn this project, you'll practice creating wireframes for an entire user flow.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
What are UI and UX Design?Understand the differences between User Interface (UI) design and User Experience (UX) design.
Introduction to User Centered DesignThis article provides an introduction to user centered design.
What is a User Story?This article explains what user stories are and how they can be used to promote user-centered design thinking.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Computer Architecture: Instruction Set ArchitectureLearn about how your computer's hardware and software communicate using Instruction Set Architecture.Beginner Friendly1 hour
- Free course
Learn Visual DesignVisual design organizes elements into a cohesive whole and supports usability. Learn basic visual design principles to build more aesthetic digital products.Beginner Friendly2 hours
Software Design PrinciplesStart designing more complex systems with techniques such as design patterns, SOLID principles, and UML.With CertificateIntermediate1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,631,800 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,559,897 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations12,507,318 learners enrolled
- For Business9,519,871 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,148,317 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,576,571 learners enrolled
- Python4,370,590 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing3,952,070 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,733,482 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.