Time to completeApprox. 5 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with [Beta] Learn Interaction Design:
- Introduction to UI and UX Design
- Learn User Research: Generative
About this course
Interaction Design (IxD) and Information Architecture (IA) are essential concepts for professional UX Designers. In this example-driven course, we will first introduce Interaction Design and Information Architecture as practices, then go deep into specific site patterns, interactions, and flows. Next, you’ll put those skills into practice by critiquing and redesigning an ineffective design. Additionally, you will begin to think about products from a site-wide perspective using information architecture, make informed decisions about the navigation, and create wireframes for a whole site that demonstrates your knowledge of design patterns taught in the lesson.
Skills you'll gain
Critique and redesign ineffective design.
Create a content inventory and sitemaps.
Utilize design patterns to create familiar user experiences.
Syllabus3 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
Redesign: I Heart ArtRun an informal heuristic evaluation of a fictional website prototype. Then, propose solutions and revise one flow to improve the interactions.
Information Architecture: Food FoundationsLearners will first complete a content inventory and audit, then develop a site map diagram to depict the information architecture of their site.
User Flow: Millie's MuffinsIn this project, you'll practice creating wireframes for an entire user flow.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA