Learn Intermediate CSS
Learn how to implement elegant transitions, create new layouts and serve users with dynamic needs.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary13 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate CSS:
- Learn CSS
- Learn HTML
About this course
You’ve figured out the basics of CSS, and your web pages are full of pretty colors and evocative fonts. But you want to do more! With Intermediate CSS, you’ll learn how to recreate the dynamism and the visual effects that you see on professional sites around the web.
Syllabus10 lessons • 8 projects • 9 quizzes
Projects in this course
Off-Platform Project: Tea CozyCreate a fictional tea store on your computer using image assets and a design spec.
Flexbox: To-Do AppSet the Flexbox properties for a to-do app.
PupSpaIn this next project, we're going to practice Grid Positioning in CSS so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Using CSS grid allows you to conveniently organize data so that you can then easily manipulate across all platforms.
Learn Intermediate CSS course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate CSS today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn CSS: Transitions and AnimationsLearn how to make your website shake, slide, and grow with CSS transitions.1 hour
- Free course
Learn CSS: Variables and FunctionsCreate websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.2 hours
- Free course
Learn CSS: Browser CompatibilityEnsure consistent user experience regardless of the browser by addressing browser compatibility issues.< 1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,887,772 learners enrolled
- HTML & CSS3,735,317 learners enrolled
- Web Design3,698,172 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,232,515 learners enrolled
- For Business9,761,571 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,457,642 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,799,040 learners enrolled
- Python4,542,297 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,108,237 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.