Learn Intermediate Java: Generics and Collections
Dive into generics and Collections in Java and see how they can help you write more advanced code.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Java: Generics and Collections:
- Learn Java
About this course
Generics allow us to create generic classes and methods by specifying a type parameter. In this course, you’ll learn about generics in Java, their use cases, and how these topics can help you create scalable, type-safe code. Then you’ll explore the Java Collections framework, which helps overcome the limits of an array and provides more complex functionality to meet different collection needs.
Skills you'll gain
Implement generics in Java
Use wildcards in your code
Implement Sets, Maps, and more
Projects in this course
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Java: Generics and Collections today!
Looking for something else?
Dataset BasicsWix has a database built into the editor that allows you to store data, and use it to display content. They’ve made the challenging part of database management a breeze with their Content Manager, collections, and datasets.
Java and the Command LineA brief overview of running Java through the command line.
MongoDB DataLearn about how data is stored in MongoDB.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Kotlin: Collections and LoopsLearn about lists, sets, and maps and different types of loops in Kotlin.3 hours
- Free course
Learn Swift: Protocols and GenericsWrite powerful functions, structs, classes, and enums that work with many different types by learning how to use protocols and generics.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Intermediate JavaDive deeper into Java — one of the world’s most popular programming languages.10 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Java1,719,399 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.