Learn Intermediate Java: Input and Output
This course shows how programmers can code a Java program that considers, interprets, and responds to input and output.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Java: Input and Output:
- Learn Java
About this course
Java is a powerful programming language that provides us with many ways to read input and write output to consoles, files, etc. In this course, we will learn about some of the built-in classes that are useful for completing these tasks, specifically reading and writing text to a file. Then, we’ll dive into compiling and running programs via the command line and using IDEs.
Skills you'll gain
Handle potential IO exceptions
Run a program from the command line
Understand the benefits of using an IDE
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Java: Input and Output today!
Looking for something else?
Java and the Command LineA brief overview of running Java through the command line.
Java Program StructureJava programs have a specific structure. Let's take a closer look at the Hello World program — line by line!
From Editor to OutputLearn what happens behind the scenes when you Run a Kotlin program.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Intermediate JavaDive deeper into Java — one of the world’s most popular programming languages.10 hours
- Free course
Intro to JavaGet started with Java by learning about the basics of a Java program and variables!6 hours
- Free course
Learn Python 2Learn the basics of the world's fastest growing and most popular programming language used by software engineers, analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers alike.17 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,437,922 learners enrolled
- Java1,714,331 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,212,883 learners enrolled
- For Business9,748,895 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,873,620 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,784,044 learners enrolled
- Python4,529,956 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,095,913 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,896,552 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.