Learn Intermediate Java: JUnit Testing
Learn about JUnit testing, Java’s open-source testing framework.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Java: JUnit Testing:
- Learn Java
About this course
JUnit is a unit testing framework for Java that tests the functionality of an application to ensure it runs as expected. The “units” being tested are single entities, like classes and methods. Proper testing practices can not only keep code organized and maintain a solid direction, but it also ensures maintainability in the future and is friendly to a team-based setting.
Skills you'll gain
Implement the Assert class library
Write @Test, @Before, and @After methods
Run tests in your own environment
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Java: JUnit Testing today!
Looking for something else?
Software Testing MethodologiesLearn about software testing methodologies and some specific strategies that use a test-first approach to software development.
Pen TestingIn this article, you’ll learn about penetration testing: What it is, how it works, and why organizations hire people to break into their own networks.
Introduction to Testing with Mocha and ChaiThis article provides a high-level overview of unit testing, why tests are important, and what the Mocha and Chai frameworks provide.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Hypothesis Testing: AssociationsLearn how to use hypothesis testing to evaluate the associations between different variables.1 hour
- Free course
Learn React TestingBegin testing quickly with Jest and simplify component testing with React Testing Library.4 hours
- Free course
Learn Testing for Web Development: Model TestingLearn how to create the model layer of a web application using Mongoose and TDD.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Java1,714,995 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,899,068 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.