Learn Intermediate Java: Regular Expressions
Learn about regex, or regular expressions, and how to work with them in Java.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Java: Regular Expressions:
- Learn Java
About this course
A regex, or regular expression, is a pattern represented by a sequence of characters. They’re used in search engines, word processors, text editors, and many other places due to their general use cases and base functionality. Many programming languages provide regex capabilities either from libraries or built straight into the language. Java is one such language that has an entire package dedicated to regex.
Skills you'll gain
Implement the Pattern and Matcher classes
Use capture groups and escape characters
Projects in this course
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Java: Regular Expressions today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
Language ParsingApply regular expressions (regex) and other natural language parsing tactics to find meaning and insights in the texts you read every day.With Certificate2 hours
Text PreprocessingLearn to clean text with Python 3 using regular expressions (regex) and NLTK.With Certificate2 hours
- Free course
Learn Intermediate JavaDive deeper into Java — one of the world’s most popular programming languages.10 hours
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,466,776 learners enrolled
- Java1,719,399 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,241,029 learners enrolled
- For Business9,767,260 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,894,208 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,805,686 learners enrolled
- Python4,547,662 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,113,622 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,916,092 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.