Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming
Learn how to utilize one of the most popular programming paradigms - Object-Oriented Programming.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary2 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming:
- Learn Intermediate Python 3: Functions, Namespaces, and Scope
About this course
Continue your Python 3 learning journey with Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming. Represent real-world relationships in your code by utilizing inheritance, obfuscate important aspects of your code with abstraction and encapsulation, and create multi-form classes by utilizing polymorphism.
Learn to utilize one of the most popular programming paradigms - Object-Oriented Programming!
Projects in this course
School CatalogueIt's time to build fluency in Object-oriented Python. In this next project, we're going to practice Classes in Python so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? You'll gain confidence in extending classes to their subclasses, then linking their shared methods and properties. What's next? NYC schools, a digital catalog, more inheritance. You got this!
Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Python 3: Object-Oriented Programming today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
Learn Intermediate Python 3Learn Intermediate Python 3 and practice leveraging Python’s unique features to build powerful, sophisticated applications.With Certificate19 hours
- Free course
Learn C++: Classes and ObjectsSharpen your C++ skills by learning how to use C++ classes and objects to build more scalable, modular programs.1 hour
- Free course
Learn RubyLearn to program in Ruby, a ﬂexible and beginner-friendly language used to create sites like Codecademy.9 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- IT3,844,437 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.