Learn Intermediate Swift
Learn how to use enumerations, optionals, closures, and access control to build robust and powerful Swift programs.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary9 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Intermediate Swift:
- Learn Swift
About this course
Swift is a modern programming language that has many powerful features. By learning more about the Swift language, you can build applications more quickly and easily maintain projects.
Syllabus5 lessons • 5 projects • 5 quizzes
Projects in this course
Numero Uno Software StoreCreate an application for ordering software products. A store with a defined set of products and shipping types is a great opportunity to use enumerations!
School DatabaseBuild on your knowledge of optionals by creating a mock school database that can handle missing information.
CalculatorUse closures to give additional information to functions by creating a calculator that can combine, filter, and transform numbers.
Learn Intermediate Swift course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Intermediate Swift today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Swift: Properties and Access ControlExplore some special types of properties and how access control works in Swift.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Swift: EnumerationsLearn how to define raw and associated values and use enumerations to model data in Swift.2 hours
- Free course
Learn Swift: OptionalsLearn how to define functions and handle values that might be absent using optionals in Swift.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Swift185,517 learners enrolled
- Mobile Development1,880,367 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,256,625 learners enrolled
- For Business9,777,370 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,483,224 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,905,628 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,817,495 learners enrolled
- Python4,557,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,123,419 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.