Learn Java: Classes and Methods
Take a deeper look into classes and methods in Java.
5,222 learners enrolled
Time to completeApprox. 3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites2 coursesWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Java: Classes and Methods:
- Learn Java: Object-Oriented Programming
- Learn Java: Conditionals and Operators
About this course
In this course, we’re going to take a deep dive into Java classes. We’ll start by looking at the String class in more detail. After spending more time with Strings, we’ll dive into some of the more advanced features of Classes. Specifically, we’ll look at how to set the access of class variables and methods, discuss the concept of encapsulation, and write our own static methods.
Syllabus3 lessons • 1 projects • 3 quizzes
Hands-on learningDon’t just watch or read about someone else coding — write your own code live in our online, interactive platform. You’ll even get AI-driven recommendations on what you need to review to help keep you on track.
Projects in this course
DNA SequencingThe sheer size of the genome makes it difficult, if not impossible, to analyze by hand. The human genome, for example, contains 3 billion nucleotides. Thus, finding any information in the genome requires computational approaches. In this project, use Java string methods to find a protein in a strand of DNA.
Learn Java: Classes and Methods course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.