Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Tests are essential for programmers! Errors in software are inevitable and costly. Testing enables programmers to catch more of their own bugs before deploying their code. Testing is so important that some developers write tests before anything else, in a methodology known as test-driven development.
Syllabus4 lessons • 3 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
Cake O'ClockTest and fix Cake Bar's new pick up feature
Rooster RegulationIn this project, we're going to practice using describe, it, and assert in Mocha so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Practicing how to use describe, it and assert will allow you to create tests that will make your webpages bulletproof.
Factorial FeatureIn this project, we're going to practice setup, exercise, and verify in Mocha so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? You'll learn three steps to guide you in writing perfect tests.
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Looking for something else?
Introduction to Testing with Mocha and ChaiThis article provides a high-level overview of unit testing, why tests are important, and what the Mocha and Chai frameworks provide.
Test-Driven DevelopmentAn Introduction to Test-Driven Development
Related courses and paths
Learn Testing for Web DevelopmentBuild better and more maintainable web applications through test-driven development.With Certificate4 hours
- Free course
Introduction to Hypothesis TestingLearn how to run t-tests and binomial tests in this introduction to Hypothesis Testing.2 hours
- Career path
Front-End EngineerFront-end engineers work closely with designers to make websites beautiful, functional, and fast.Includes 34 CoursesWith Professional Certification115 hours
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,901,964 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,251,925 learners enrolled
- For Business9,774,156 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,478,353 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,813,954 learners enrolled
- Python4,554,617 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,120,570 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,923,548 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.