Learn jQuery: Effects and Event Handling
Trigger jQuery effects when users interact with elements on the web page using event handlers.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Continue your jQuery learning journey with Learn jQuery: Effects and Event Handling. You’ll learn to trigger jQuery effects when users interact with elements on the web page using event handlers. The ease with which you can create this behavior is at the core of what makes jQuery so popular.
Projects in this course
Trivia CardIn this project, we're going to practice effects in jQuery so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Effects give your webpage a polished, professional feel that users will appreciate.
FeedsterIn project, we're going to practice event handlers in jQuery so you can hone your skills and feel confident taking them to the real world. Why? Event handlers help to provide a natural feedback for the user when they interact with your page.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn jQuery: Effects and Event Handling today!
Looking for something else?
Related courses and paths
- Free course
- Free course
Learn jQuery: StylesModify the CSS properties of an HTML element using jQuery style methods.1 hour
- Free course
Learn jQuery: DOM TraversingSelect HTML elements efficiently using jQuery methods to traverse the DOM.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Web Development6,878,519 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,219,674 learners enrolled
- For Business9,753,225 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,444,730 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,789,101 learners enrolled
- Python4,534,218 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,100,178 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,901,157 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.