Learn Kotlin: Collections and Loops
Learn about lists, sets, and maps and different types of loops in Kotlin.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary3 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
Prerequisites1 courseWe suggest you complete the following courses before you get started with Learn Kotlin: Collections and Loops:
- Learn Kotlin: Introduction
About this course
Continue your Kotlin learning journey with Learn Kotlin: Collections and Loops. Learn about the various types of collections that exist in Kotlin, including lists, sets, and maps, and how to iterate through them by effectively implementing code repetition. Dive into multiple types of loops and jump expressions.
Projects in this course
Animal SanctuaryIn this lesson, you’ve learned about the various types of collections that exist in Kotlin. In this project, you’ll be honing your knowledge of lists, sets, and maps as well as all previously covered Kotlin concepts, by building a program that keeps track of a caregiver's daily responsibilities at an animal sanctuary.
Shape MakerUse the power of loops to output two-dimensional shapes and create patterns using loop mechanisms such as jump expressions and nested loops.
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Kotlin: Collections and Loops today!
Looking for something else?
Dataset BasicsWix has a database built into the editor that allows you to store data, and use it to display content. They’ve made the challenging part of database management a breeze with their Content Manager, collections, and datasets.
From Editor to OutputLearn what happens behind the scenes when you Run a Kotlin program.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Intermediate Python 3: Sets and Specialized CollectionsLearn how to create more dynamic and efficient programs with specialized Python collections and set operations.4 hours
- Free course
Learn Intermediate Java: Generics and CollectionsDive into generics and Collections in Java and see how they can help you write more advanced code.3 hours
- Free course
Learn C++: LoopsLearn how to make your C++ programs more efficient by automating repetitive tasks with loops.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Mobile Development1,872,367 learners enrolled
- Kotlin70,815 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,216,713 learners enrolled
- For Business9,751,337 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,441,649 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,876,488 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,786,833 learners enrolled
- Python4,532,293 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,098,222 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.