Learn Kotlin: Introduction
Get started with Kotlin by learning everything you need to know to create your first basic program.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary4 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Ready to start your journey into the Kotlin programming language? Take Learn Kotlin: Introduction — learn about variables and the various data types that are supported in Kotlin and how to control the flow of code execution with conditional expressions.
Syllabus5 lessons • 4 projects • 3 quizzes
Projects in this course
ASCII ArtUse print statements to create ASCII art in Kotlin!
Math MagicIn this project, you’ll be honing your knowledge of arithmetic operations, augmented assignment operators, and more by coding a mathematical magic trick.
Mad LibsIn this project, you'll be using your knowledge of variables, data types, and built-in methods to build a Mad Libs game!
Reviews from learners
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Kotlin: Introduction today!
Looking for something else?
From Editor to OutputLearn what happens behind the scenes when you Run a Kotlin program.
How to Select a Meaningful VisualizationThis article will guide you through the process of selecting a graph for a visualization.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn C#: IntroductionDive into C#, a scalable programming language that is easy to read and maintain.5 hours
- Free course
Learn CSS: Variables and FunctionsCreate websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.2 hours
- Free course
Learn the Basics of Regular ExpressionsGet a taste of regular expressions (regex), a powerful search pattern language to quickly find the text you're looking for.1 hour
Browse more topics
- Mobile Development1,876,420 learners enrolled
- Kotlin70,971 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,236,722 learners enrolled
- For Business9,764,330 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,461,938 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,890,921 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,802,369 learners enrolled
- Python4,544,985 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,110,936 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.