Learn Kotlin, the expressive, open-source programming language developed by JetBrains.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary9 hours
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Kotlin is a modern, expressive programming language made with developers in mind. Concise, open-source, and safe, Kotlin is a popular language for Android development, web development, and more.
Syllabus11 lessons • 8 projects • 7 quizzes
Projects in this course
ASCII ArtUse print statements to create ASCII art in Kotlin!
Math MagicIn this project, you’ll be honing your knowledge of arithmetic operations, augmented assignment operators, and more by coding a mathematical magic trick.
Mad LibsIn this project, you'll be using your knowledge of variables, data types, and built-in methods to build a Mad Libs game!
Learn Kotlin course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The lessons are amazingly lined up with real world examples to practice right after each lesson to reinforce learning. What else could a beginner ask for!Sidhu G.Verified Learner
- Awesome intro to Kotlin course! The material was succinct, informative, and helped me grasp Kotlin syntax very well!Claire J.Verified Learner
- I would highly recommend this course to get a grasp of the fundamentals of Kotlin. Well curated, well executed. I sincerely enjoyed this course.Charles M.Verified Learner
Our learners work at
What Is Kotlin Used For?
Kotlin is a programming language that was released in 2011 by JetBrains, a company that sells integrated development environments (IDEs) for programming languages. Since then, it’s become a favorite language for developers and replaced Java in many software projects.
In this article, we’ll look at why Kotlin became popular, its advantages, and what it’s used for.
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Kotlin today!
Looking for something else?
From Editor to OutputLearn what happens behind the scenes when you Run a Kotlin program.
Dataset BasicsWix has a database built into the editor that allows you to store data, and use it to display content. They’ve made the challenging part of database management a breeze with their Content Manager, collections, and datasets.
How to Select a Meaningful VisualizationThis article will guide you through the process of selecting a graph for a visualization.
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn Kotlin: Collections and LoopsLearn about lists, sets, and maps and different types of loops in Kotlin.3 hours
- Free course
Learn Kotlin: Functions and ClassesDive into the world of functions and classes in Kotlin and learn how to write and implement ones of your own.2 hours
- Free course
Learn CSS: Variables and FunctionsCreate websites viewable on devices of all sizes using responsive design techniques, such as relative sizing units and media queries.2 hours
Browse more topics
- Kotlin70,879 learners enrolled
- Mobile Development1,873,633 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,223,128 learners enrolled
- For Business9,755,284 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,448,262 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,880,841 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,791,767 learners enrolled
- Python4,536,495 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,102,481 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.