Learn about linear algebra and how to perform operations with matrices and vectors.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
In this unit, we will learn about the fundamentals of linear algebra, including how to perform mathematical operations using matrices and vectors. After learning how to do these operations mathematically, we will implement them in Python using NumPy arrays. To cap off the course, we will apply our knowledge in a project on image transformations.
Linear Algebra course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Frequently asked questions about Linear Algebra
Linear algebra involves studying coordinates on a map or model of various factors and using them to calculate things. While it plays a big role in machine learning, it’s used in many different fields of programming.
Join over 50 million learners and start Linear Algebra today!
Looking for something else?
What is Scikit-Learn?Open-source ML library for Python. Built on NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
Log Transformations (And More)Learn when to use a log transformation of the dependent variable of your linear regression and how to interpret the resulting regression equation.
Introduction to Pandas and NumPypandas and NumPy are very useful libraries in Python. Let's learn how to use them!
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Linear Regression in PythonLearn how to fit, interpret, and compare linear regression models in Python.6 hours
- Free course
Simple Linear RegressionLearn how to fit and interpret linear regression with a single predictor variable2 hours
Learn Linear Regression with RLearn about the difference between simple linear regression and multiple linear regression in RWith Certificate3 hours
Browse more topics
- Python4,524,255 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,776,999 learners enrolled
- Math87,494 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,203,630 learners enrolled
- For Business9,742,542 learners enrolled
- Computer Science7,428,543 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,866,681 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,090,313 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,890,229 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.