Learn Object Oriented Programming with Python & Project-Based Learning
This course utilizes Project-Based Learning (PBL) to teach learners how to create Classes and Objects in Python.
Time to completeAverage based on combined completion rates — individual pacing in lessons, projects, and quizzes may vary1 hour
Certificate of completionIncluded with paid plans
About this course
Have you ever wondered “how can anyone make a program that is so big?” Think of a program you use every day and try to conceptualize how many things exist in it. A video game might have 50 enemies on the screen, each of which is moving in a different direction. A website might have hundreds of images — each one positioned perfectly on the page. Your social media feed might have a seemingly infinite number of posts — each one knows the time it was posted, and the number of people that like it.
How could this possibly work? Surely nobody is sitting somewhere writing code for every single enemy in your video game. But at the same time, there has to be some code for that character somewhere, otherwise, how does it exist?
In this course, we’ll learn about Object Oriented Programming using Python and Project-Based Learning (PBL) to answer some of those questions.
Classes and Objects
This project-focused course utilizes Project-Based Learning (PBL) to teach learners how to create Classes and Objects in Python.
Learn Object Oriented Programming with Python & Project-Based Learning course ratings and reviews
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
- The progress I have made since starting to use codecademy is immense! I can study for short periods or long periods at my own convenience - mostly late in the evenings.ChrisCodecademy Learner @ USA
- I felt like I learned months in a week. I love how Codecademy uses learning by practice and gives great challenges to help the learner to understand a new concept and subject.RodrigoCodecademy Learner @ UK
- Brilliant learning experience. Very interactive. Literally a game changer if you're learning on your own.John-AndrewCodecademy Learner @ USA
Our learners work at
Join over 50 million learners and start Learn Object Oriented Programming with Python & Project-Based Learning today!
Looking for something else?
Why Object-Oriented Programming?Why has object-oriented programming become a major programming paradigm?
Represent Everyday Things with ObjectsExpand the possibilities of what your program can do with objects.
What is a Spring Bean?Learn about the fundamental components of a Spring application: Spring beans
Related courses and paths
- Free course
Learn PHP: Objects and ClassesLearn how to make your own classes and initialize objects based on the defined classes.1 hour
- Free course
Learn Java: Object-Oriented ProgrammingExplore classes and objects in this introduction to object-oriented programming with Java.3 hours
- Free course
Browse more topics
- Computer Science7,423,561 learners enrolled
- Code Foundations13,198,737 learners enrolled
- For Business9,739,276 learners enrolled
- Web Development6,863,104 learners enrolled
- Data Science5,773,222 learners enrolled
- Python4,521,185 learners enrolled
- Cloud Computing4,087,334 learners enrolled
- Data Analytics3,886,895 learners enrolled
- IT3,844,437 learners enrolled
Unlock additional features with a paid plan
Practice ProjectsGuided projects that help you solidify the skills and concepts you're learning.
AssessmentsAuto-graded quizzes and immediate feedback help you reinforce your skills as you learn.
Certificate of CompletionEarn a document to prove you've completed a course or path that you can share with your network.